1. An unusually strong vision of their futures.
2. Executives and managers in leader-builder display remarkably consistent behaviors, regardless of their level in the organization.
3. There’s a strong emphasis on the continuous development and replenishment of the leadership talent pool and pipeline.
4. There’s a strong emphasis on the identification of specific leadership competencies to support current and emerging mission and strategy.
5. There’s strong, strategic alignment.
6. High degree of team unity at the senior level.
7. Strong commitment to continuous organization renewal.
Koonce, R., Miles, G., & Yearout, S. (2000). Wanted: Leader-builders. Training and Development, 34-42.