Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Want Concentration Power?

At a seminar this weekend, I was asked – what are the keys to focus and concentration power. My mind immediately flashbacked to Mrs. Williams’, my sixth-grade teacher, favorite saying--”concentrate, concentrate, concentrate.”

I didn’t share that thought, but I did mention several tips found on the Cultivating Greatness Blog. Author Leon Edward offers sevens tips to concentrate power:

1. Go with one step at a time

2. Take the initiative and do just five more things
3. Keep a note pad handy
4. Tunnel Vision for Better Focus
5. Take a break

6. Keep track of your time for tasks
7. Stagger your tasks

Step #3 is one practice that I've been working on. Sometimes I'd find myself out doing errands and an idea crosses my mind--but I'd spend several moments trying to find paper to jot down my thoughts.

What are you doing to focus better?

To see the full article, read about Concentration Power.


No comments: