Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Must-Try Marketing Maneuvers - Forbes.com

NEW YORK - DECEMBER 09:  Paul Costiglio, a mar...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
Getting the message out to the public about the benefits our products and services is paramount. The big question is -- how do we do this and not spend a bundle. Must-Try Marketing Maneuvers - Forbes.com lists low-cost tips to help you market your product or service.

Here are a few of my favorite points with my own commentary:

1. Stick to a Shtick
Focus.Focus.Focus. Years back when I launched my first venture, I started out with the focus to build one brand, but eventually my focus branched out. I went from a premium, high quality boutique strategy to a low coast, "everyone is in my target market strategy." It didn't work.

2. Turn customer into stars.
When I experience a great product or service, I like to tell folks about it. When FedEx Office helps me to present star quality material, I tell my entire network about FedEx Office.

3. Work the press
We have to help others see the value in what we offer.

To read the entire list, see marketing.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: