Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What Can Leaders Learn from a Former Pro Football Player?

What is the key to team success? Read what a former pro football players says about this topic. Here's an excerpt from the article on Portfolio.com:
As a football player, Wheeler was never one of the stars on the team, but he found that by focusing on the value he brought to the field, he was able to make himself an integral part of the team. He also knows that in understanding his unique contributions, he understands his weaknesses as well.
"I have applied that lesson to my second career as far as understanding myself and my strengths, understanding my blind spots, understanding the things I do well, understanding the things I don't do well," he says. "And then putting a team around me that's phenomenal in those areas. I always surround myself with people that are a lot smarter than I am."

No comments: